JFK Memorial Hospital
A 50-Year History of CaringIndio’s JFK Memorial Hospital has provided quality care to the east Coachella Valley since 1966 with:
- A 145-bed acute care hospital
- Award-winning orthopedic and joint replacement program
- Cardiovascular services
- Maternity care
- Pediatric services
- Emergency care
JFK is a major employer, providing jobs and economic benefits to the desert communities it serves, and a dependable source of volunteers for the charitable and other community organizations that help address the unmet needs of area residents.
A Story of CareErnesto Rosales can testify to the quality of care offered at the hospital. One morning, while driving to play a round of golf, Rosales, a Coachella resident and long-time JFK supporter, started to feel ill. He pulled the car over and began vomiting. When an ambulance arrived, the driver asked him where he wanted to be taken. “JFK, I told him. I feel really comfortable there,” Rosales recalled.
He was treated immediately in the hospital’s emergency room and spent nearly three weeks in the intensive care unit in a diabetic coma. When he finally woke up, he found out all the positive things the hospital staff did for both him and his family. “From nurses to physicians to specialists, the care I received was outstanding,” he said. “Everyone at JFK kept my family informed. They treated all of us with respect and dignity, and I wouldn’t expect anything less from this fine hospital. Aside from prayer, JFK’s treatment and care is the reason I am here today.”
Awards & Distinctions
- Cigna Centers of Excellence Program in Delivery (C-Section/Vaginal) and Respiratory (Pulmonary) Conditions (COPD, Pneumonia)
- Stroke Gold Plus with Target: Type 2 Diabetes Honor Roll – Get with the Guidelines – American Heart Association.
- Primary Stroke Center – The Joint Commission
- National Quality Approval and Accreditation – The Joint Commission
- Level IV Trauma Center – Riverside County EMS
- Chest Pain Accredited Hospital through American College of Cardiology.