The latest techniques for knee pain relief
You put your knees through a lot every day and, usually, they can take it. But an injury or a degenerative bone disease can change that. At Desert Care Network, it’s important that you’re able to maintain your independence and mobility without
pain – no matter what your age. The Institute of Clinical Orthopedics & Neurosciences (ICON) gives you access to:
- State-of-the-art, minimally invasive procedures to treat knee pain
- A team of physicians and nurses who specialize in orthopedic care
- Pre-operative education classes, so you know what to expect if you need surgery
- On-site specialized rehabilitation services
Ninety percent of patients experience dramatic pain reduction following knee replacement surgery. But your condition may not require surgery at all. At Desert Care Network, we also offer a range of non-surgical options that help you manage chronic pain
– including medication, cortisone injections and physical therapy.
If you do need a knee replacement, we offer innovative procedures that allow surgeons to achieve a new level of precision in knee resurfacing or replacement. Those procedures are designed to help you heal faster, with the average patient staying just
two nights in the hospital. They also result in much less scarring and a quicker return to activities.
No matter what your course of treatment, rehabilitation is an integral part of the recovery process. ICON’s rehabilitation staff works as part of your multidisciplinary care team to restore your function as quickly and safely as possible.
Are you a candidate for knee replacement surgery?
The most common reasons for knee replacement surgery are:
- Osteoarthritis, a loss of joint cartilage that limits movement, causes pain and inhibits daily activity
- Other forms of arthritis, including rheumatoid arthritis
- Damage to the knee, including fractures, torn cartilage and/or torn ligaments
- Degenerative joint disease
Are you ready to resume your life free of pain? Call (760) 416-4511.