Recipe: Fresh Fruit Kabobs
Fresh Fruit Kabobs are a light and easy-to-make dessert that adds a sweet ending to a summertime gathering or brunch. The key lime dipping sauce has the right amount of tartness to complement the fruit’s natural flavors.
Makes 4 servings
- 4-ounce light whipped cream cheese
- ½ Tablespoons powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons lime zest
- 1 (6 oz.) container light key lime pie yogurt
- 2 whole grain graham crackers, crushed
- 4 (6-inch) wooden skewers
- 4 strawberries
- ¼ cup red seedless grapes(8 grapes)
- ½ cup fresh pineapple chunks (about 8 chunks)
- 1 kiwi fruit, peeled and cut into quarters
- In medium glass bowl, add cream cheese, powdered sugar, lime zest and yogurt.
Beat with an electric mixer until smooth. Place into a serving bowl.
Thread fruit onto wooden skewers (alternate the following fruits: 2 pineapple chunks, 2 grapes, 2 kiwi wedges and one strawberry.)
- Before serving dip, top with crushed graham crackers. Serve ¼ cup of dip with one skewer.
Nutritional Information for ¼ cup dip with 1 skewer:
Calories: 107; Fat: 5 grams; Total Carbs: 17 grams; Sugars: 11 grams; Sodium: 181 milligrams; Protein: 4 grams