Volunteer at Desert Regional Medical Center
If you are looking to help others and serve your community, volunteering at Desert Regional Medical Center can fulfill your desire to lend a hand to someone during their hospital stay. Our volunteer program has deep roots that date back to the hospital’s inception in the 1950s and continue to this day. Each year, more than 400 caring and compassionate hospital volunteers come together to lend aid and assistance across all areas of the hospital, including:
- Admitting Desk
- Cancer Center
- Emergency Department
- Errands and Escort
- Inpatient departments
- Front Desk
- Gift Shop
- Music Therapy
- Rehabilitation - outpatient
- Pre-operative Care
- Post Anesthesia Care Unit
- Quality Services / Risk Management (high urgency)
VolunTEEN Summer 2023 Program
Are you interested in becoming a VolunTeen?
Desert Regional’s VolunTEEN program offers high school students in their Junior and Senior years an opportunity to experience the tremendous joys of volunteering in a hospital setting. The 2023 VolunTEEN Program will run from June 17 – August 2. To qualify students must:
- Be going into their Junior or Senior year by June 17, 2023
- Have a minimum GPA of 2.5
- Commit to a minimum of 4 hours a week for the duration of summer
- New VolunTEENS must attend an Informational Meeting with parent
- Attend orientation (returning and new VolunTEENS) and meet all employee health requirements
Applications accepted beginning May 1, 2023.
Once application is submitted, you will be contacted for further steps.