Volunteer at Desert Regional Medical Center
If you are looking to help others and serve your community, volunteering at Desert Regional Medical Center can fulfill your desire to lend a hand to someone during their hospital stay. Our volunteer program has deep roots that date back to the hospital’s inception in the 1950s and continue to this day. Each year, more than 400 caring and compassionate hospital volunteers come together to lend aid and assistance across all areas of the hospital, including:
- Chaplaincy Service
- Cardiac/Pulmonary Rehab
- Comprehensive Cancer Center
- El Mirador Outpatient Surgery Center
- Emergency Department
- Errand and Escort
- Front Lobby, Information Desk
- Hanson House
- Lobby Gift Shop
- Nursing Floors
- and so many more...
VolunTEEN Summer 2020 Program
Are you interested in becoming a VolunTeen?
Desert Regional’s VolunTEEN program offers high school students ages 16 -18 an opportunity to experience the tremendous joys of volunteering in a hospital setting. The 2020 VolunTEEN Program will run from June 9 – July 24. To qualify students must:
- Be 16 years old by June 9, 2020
- Have a minimum GPA of 2.5
- Commit to a minimum of 6 weeks’ participation in the program
- New VolunTEENS must attend an Informational Meeting with parent
- Attend orientation (returning and new VolunTEENS)
- Meet all deadlines
Applications will be accepted beginning March 1, 2020. Submissions received prior to March 1st will not be accepted. There are a limited number of positions available.
You will be notified if you are accepted into the program by March 31, 2020.