Continuing Care Center
A solution for long term and transitional care
We know that being close to home for long-term and transitional care is important to you and your family during recovery and rehabilitation. Our Continuing Care Center (CCC), located on the campus of Hi-Desert Medical Center, provides specialized care
to residents close to their own communities.
Our CCC Services
Our CCC offers three distinct services:
- Subacute care: This is the highest level of care available in our long-term care setting. The CCC provides beds to residents with ventilator and tracheostomy requirements. Clinical staff is specially trained to meet the unique needs of these
patients. The CCC is one of the few facilities in Southern California providing this level of care.
- Skilled nursing care: We provide long-term skilled nursing care to residents who require assistance with personal and medical needs.
- Transitional care: Short-term, transitional care is provided for patients requiring rehabilitative therapies, wound care or recovery from accidents or invasive procedures.
The CCC also provides:
- 24-hour nursing services
- Physical, occupational and speech therapy
- Respite care for hospice patients
- Short stay respite care for family members
- Spiritual care and support
- Daily recreational and social activities
- An on-site licensed cosmetologist
- A beautiful enclosed courtyard with water features
- Pet therapy, including an aviary and large fish tank
- Personalized nutritional meal plans with extensive rotating menus
- Personal laundry services
Comforts of Home
The design of the CCC provides panoramic views of spectacular desert landscapes for both residents and their guests. Our staff offers a family-oriented approach to care. CCC residents and those who care for them thrive in a setting more like home.
Family members also participate in the center’s regular “family council” meetings, where they learn first-hand the planning that takes place in providing the highest possible care for our residents.
From dance groups and choral concerts to community groups, our activities department makes sure our residents are stimulated and entertained by a range of dynamic daily activities.
The holidays are a special season at the CCC. There’s the regionally recognized, patriotic-themed “Eldergames,” where residents participate in courtyard events, such as armchair bowling and wheelchair races. Halloween is another special
time, when residents enjoy costume judging. The holidays shine bright at the CCC, with our “adopt a resident” gift program and special holiday dinner celebration.
Find Out More
Want to learn more about the Continuing Care Center? Schedule a personal tour by calling (760) 366-1500.