Awards & Distinctions
Recognized for providing quality care
Desert Care Network is proud to be recognized as a healthcare leader in the Coachella Valley. As a result of the efforts of our entire medical staff, the hospital has received accolades from many local, regional, state and national organizations for its excellent service to the community.
Comprehensive Cancer Center at Desert Regional
Our cancer experts have been providing a team approach to cancer care for more than 30 years. The Commission on Cancer, a program of the American College of Surgeons, has recognized Desert Regional’s comprehensive community cancer program. We now serve our region through two locations – in Palm Springs and La Quinta.
Heart Care Designations
As part of its Get with the Guidelines® program, the American Heart Association has recognized Desert Care Network hospitals for adherence to the latest scientific treatment guidelines. Desert Regional Medical Center has received a Gold Plus Achievement Award for treatment of congestive heart failure, an Elite Plus Honor Roll designation for stroke care, a Gold Award for resuscitation measures. JFK Memorial Hospital and Hi-Desert Medical Center have received Silver Plus Achievement awards for stroke care.
Both Desert Regional and JFK Memorial Hospitals have been designated Chest Pain Centers by the American College of Cardiology.
Certified in Stroke Care
Desert Regional Medical Cener is certified as a Comprehensive Stroke Center—the highest level a hospital can attain—making it the first one in Riverside and San Bernardino Counties. JFK Memorial is a Primary Stroke Center and Hi-Desert Medical Center is a Stroke-Ready Receiving Center. When minutes mater, we are close by to help.
Additional Recognitions at Desert Regional Medical Center
- Bariatric surgery – Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program
- Radiology (MRI, PET, CT and mammography) – American College of Radiology
- Respiratory care – American Association for Respiratory Care
- Organ Donation Medal of Honor Hospital – U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
- “Baby-friendly” hospital – The World Health Organization and the United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF)
- Segment Elevation Myocardial Infarction (STEMI) Receiving Center – Riverside County Emergency Medical Services Agency
- Trauma Center, Level II – Riverside County Emergency Medical Services Agency
- International Board Certified Lactation Consultant Award – International Board of Lactation Consultant Examiners®