Scheduling & Visitor Restrictions
The California Department of Public Health (CDPH) has issued a state mandated public health order regarding visitation within all hospitals in California.
Effective Monday, January 10, 2022, all visitors to Desert Care Network hospitals must show proof of being fully vaccinated AND boosted OR provide documentation of a negative PCR or antigen test within 24 hours of entering our facility. Home testing kit results will not be permitted; results must be presented from a certified laboratory. For visitors who return for multiple consecutive days to visit, proof of a negative test will be required every third day.
Examples of acceptable documentation include a valid and complete CDC vaccination card or electronic copy or a valid and complete vaccination record from the state registry, or negative COVID-19 testing documentation from a certified lab.
Visitors of end-of-life patients are exempt from the vaccination and testing requirements. In emergent situations, parent or guardian visitors of pediatric patients, a support person for a labor and delivery patient, support persons for a patient with physical, intellectual, developmental disability, or cognitive impairment are also exempt from the vaccination and testing requirements. For subsequent visits following the emergent situation and as soon as reasonably possible thereafter, but no longer than 72 hours, these visitors must comply with the vaccine verification or applicable testing requirements.
Masks are required for all visitors.
This state order is keeping with our commitment to providing a safe environment for our patients, visitors, employees and the people of the communities we serve.
Thank you for entrusting us with your healthcare needs. We wish you all the best on your path to continued health.
Current Visitor Policy
Desert Care Network is committed to taking the necessary and critical steps to ensure patients, visitors and staff in our hospitals are safe and remain healthy.
For those who meet the state mandate requirements above, the following visitor policy is currently in place at all Desert Care Network hospitals:
- Labor & Delivery, Postpartum Patients: Please check with your nursing team on the number of visitors allowed, as it may vary between hospitals
- NICU, Pediatric Patients: Two designated visitors permitted through duration of stay; no substitutions
- Surgery Patients: May have one visitor in pre-op/post-op
- Emergency Room Patients: No visitors unless medically necessary
- COVID-19 Positive Patients: No visitors unless end-of-life
- End of Life Patients: Limit of two visitors per patient at a time
- All Others: Limit of one visitor at a time; shared occupancy with face shield (issued on unit)
- Acute Rehab: No visitation from 9 p.m. to 8 a.m. daily
All visitors and vendors must show proof of being fully vaccinated for COVID-19 (includes booster) or documentation of a negative test in the preceding 24 hours.
Other Guidance for Visitors:
- Keep the provided mask on at all times
- Gel and wash hands frequently
- Restrooms are located at the east end of the main lobby
- No gathering in hallways or waiting areas
- Proceed directly to and from your friend/family member’s room
- Maintain social distancing of at least six-feet while moving through the hospital
- Limit four people per elevator
- Gel in and out of your friend/family member’s room
- Have your friend/family member wear a mask while you are at the bedside
- Refrain from accessing the cafeteria
An exception to any limited visitation policy at the hospital is patients with disabilities who require support from family members or staff in order for them to effectively communicate with medical personnel or otherwise receive equal access to medical treatment.